Monday, April 09, 2012

Bedrock & Duckburg

Recently, on Facebook and Twitter, I asked people to name their three favorite cartoon theme songs. Here are their top three selections, with the most selected song at the top.





And below are my top three.

I couldn't find video of the final song with visuals that would allow me to post it here, but I did find the song by itself. And seriously? Out of the many entries received, how did everyone miss my second choice? (I will consider it a major oversight that you all deeply regret.)



5 comments:

Marc Tyler Nobleman said...

I'm glad Scooby made at least one of the two lists! I missed this vote but in case there's need of a recount, my top three are the following:

1. Super Friends - various incarnations, but this may be my favorite of favorites: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnxN-ZT9EGE&feature=fvwrel
2. Scooby-Doo
3. Fat Albert

Kurt Kammeyer said...

The "Rocky and Bullwinkle" theme song. Unforgettable - I know, I've tried.

Martha Ramirez said...

These are some great picks! What memories.

Erik said...

Going to have to respectfully disagree with your #3 pick Jay. While ThunderCats was a GREAT show, the theme song was underwhelming. There's NO hook.

It just doesn't hold up against any of the three classics above, or modern classic like Gummi Bears, Duck Tales, and Animaniacs.

Stephanie Roth Sisson said...

So this reminds me...I was chatting with some friends the other day about the Jetsons and how when we were kids we were convinced that by the time we grew up, out life would be like the Jetsons. Everyone would be living in those space age houses on pedestals and we would all have jetpacks and a robot maid (well, I think my adult self was really hoping of that one!!) and we would have conveyer belt sidewalks...What happened to that?? Anyhow...